Responsible environmental practices
We are very cognoscente of the increasing demand for raw materials worldwide required in the manufacture of decor related products and have thus taken the stance to implement an environmental policy.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our policy is to
- Support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
-All paper product are shredding and used as protective packaging in cartons
– All archived documents older than 5 years are shredding for protective packaging
– Fabric off cuts are donated to an organisation that weave blankets & rugs for the less fortunate
– All off cut metal is taken to SA Metals for scrap / recycling
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
-All bulbs used in the showroom are energy saving
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical
– 2 of the 3 company vehicles are diesel
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment
– Only purchase timber products from FSC accredited companies
– Some of our fabrics are made from sustainable sources – eg hemp
– Some of our parchments are made from recycled products / papers
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance